ROSYAN BOOKKEEPING SERVICES
Your affordable Bookkeeping & Consultancy Services.
Tel: 202.422.4586 Email: [email protected]
What do you expect your Profit to be this Year?
|Posted on October 7, 2014 at 1:17 AM||comments ()|
Profitability is a key driver of financial success in business. The goal of every Business owner should be to make profit and improve their business to make it better.
If you were having a discussion, one year from today, and looking over your financials, Will you be happy with your financial progress? This question should propel you to take action, about what you expect your profit to be for the year.
Profit is like a car,that must be driven; it does not drive itself; for you to get a projected profit, you have to be on top of your profit expectations. I have listed some questions, which should stimulate you to focus on an expected profit, as the year is coming to an end:
As you go through these questions, you're painting a picture of what your financial success should look like, and this will lead you to action, for an end result. Having a picture requires taking action to actualize your projected expectations. These steps below will help you achieve your financial profit picture, feel free to put them into practice and see the transformation, it brings to your business:
1) Have a Target Goal: You need to have a financial goal for your business at the beginning of every year. The Goal can be broken into monthly, quarterly and semi-annual financial targets. It is advisable and easier to have a monthly target.
2) Monitor your Progress: Once you set your financial goals, you will need to monitor your progress, against your target every month. You can only monitor your progress by examining your monthly financial reports (Profit & Loss/ Balance Sheet Reports). If you have not been preparing your report, this should be a good time to start.
3) Adjust: At the end of every month, you need to review your target goal against your actual results (financial reports), and decide if you need to make changes, in your business, to achieve your targets. The changes can be in form of reducing an expense category to putting a plan in place for faster accounts receivables process.
This is the secret to creating your financial success for your business. I challenge you to put these into action and watch your business achieve your desired projected profit.
Do you need help with interpreting your financial reports? Perhaps you are yet to prepare your financial reports for the year, and don't have an idea of your actual profit; Call us NOW for further consultation and Assistance.
We will be glad to help you.
Tips for Managing Your Business Cash Flow.
|Posted on August 5, 2014 at 2:49 AM||comments ()|
It's already the eighth month of the Year, We are gradually getting to the end of the year, and soon it will be time for Year End Reports. In our last Newsletter, We discussed the concept of Cash Flow and how it affects our Business Operations; this month, we will be looking at tips to manage our Business Cash Flow.
Being in Business for yourself is like being an Air traffic controller, especially in the area of cash flow management ; You can imagine trying to control 100 Airplanes landing simultaneously on two runways; this can be an upheaval task, but we regularly see clients line up their monthly bills, their projected income, business projects and business expenses and try to combine all these activities, at the same time, trying to ensure a steady cash flow into the business; you can imagine, the projected outcome, if all these activities are not properly coordinated.
Cash Flow is the heartbeat of every Business, and if a Business does not have the cash on hand to pay their vendors, they will definitely run into problems. The main Cash Flow Problem, that Business Owners face is as a result of Lack of Creative Cash Management. Below are some Tips to overcome the Ups and Downs of Cash Flow Problems in your Businesses:
1) Always Schedule All Payments: Most Business Owners line up their monthly bills, compile them, sit down and issue all the checks and set up Bill Payments at once; but the trick is to have a " Holding Pattern". It is advisable to schedule each payment, in order to get to your vendors in a timely landing, without affecting other Cash Flow activities.
Every Business has Three (3) tiers of Checks Disbursements Groupings:
a) Must Pay Group- These are payments that can hurt you, either in cost or ability to operate your business, if they are not paid. These include items like Taxes, Rents, Payroll and Service Charges.
b) Important to Pay Group - These are payments, that have a reasonable grace period, and if not paid, a financial penalty can be incurred, as a result of Nonpayment. These include Utility Bills , Credit Card Payments and Insurance Payments .
c) Flexible Payment Plan Group - Suppliers, Vendors and Wholesalers, that supply most Small Businesses are the best sources of flexible credit financing. Most of them will continue to work with you, if you arrange a regular payment plan with them.
2) Make Payments on your Revenue, not on uncollected Sales : I am sure, that none of us will want to land a plane, hoping that the runway is beneath us in the fog bank, as also Business owners, it is not advisable to make projected payments on uncollected revenue. You may wander, what happens to Credit Facilities, Guess What, Most Credit Facilities still have a timeline for payment.
3) Do not use Payroll Taxes to float your Business Operations: Studies have shown that most Business Owners use the Tax liabilities, collected during payroll, to float their businesses, rather than remitting the payments to the appropriate Tax Authorities. They don't realize that they spend more in potential penalties, fees , interests, time and aggravation, if they engage in this act. Tax Liabilities grow, if they are not remitted at the appropriate timing.
4) Establish Relationships with your Credit Provider: It is very important for every business owner to plan for a rainy day. Having a great relationship with a vendor, that gives you a credit facility, avoids cash flow storms, which might bring in a sense of desperation or lack of control.
5) Invest in a Good Bookkeeping/ Accounting Service: It is important for Business Owners to have a grasp of their cash flow and understand the effect on their business growth. A Good Bookkeeping service is invaluable to your business, particularly in preparing your monthly financial reports and cash flow statements, which will help you, see how your Business is doing as well as maintaining your Business Cash flow.
Understanding and Managing Cash flow has been a challenge for many Business owners, but with the application of these tips, it is possible to grow your Business to a greater level , and also have enough funds for other activities, that will bring more revenue into your Business.
Please feel free to contact us on 202-422-4586, if you will need further help on how to manage your Business Cash flow and financial Reports. We will love to help you. Remember: The best time to take control of your Cash Flow is RIGHT NOW.
Assessing your Company's Financial Health.
|Posted on October 1, 2013 at 3:20 AM||comments ()|
Recently, A Client of ours requested to know the health of his company and was of the opinion that the total income, that his company made was enough to prove that his company was healthy. We had to explain to him, that the company's total income was not enough to show the financial health of his company. We realize that a lot of business owners always make this wrong assumption. We hope that by the time, you finish reading this article, you will have a better understanding of how to assess your business/organization's financial health position.
It is important to note that, to assess your company's financial health, you will need more information than your Gross Income, to see how well your business/organization is doing. There are three important financial information, that you will need and these will also help you in making your Business decisions. They are:
It is important to note that by combining these three statements, you will be able to assess the financial health of your company at any given time. Please note that you NEED to have a GOOD BOOKKEEPING SYSTEM in place, because this is the only way that your statements can be accurate, and with this, you will be able to make accurate business decisions.
If you need help with assessing the financial health of your business/organization's and also preparing any of the statements listed above, We are available to help you out. GIVE US A CALL TODAY ON 202-422-4586,and see how we can assist you. We will also give you suggestions, that will enhance your business and help your company grow.
Please also feel free to fill out our contact form, so that we can get in touch with you and respond to your questions. We will love to help you.
How do you value your Finances?
|Posted on June 19, 2013 at 2:07 AM||comments ()|
Recently, I was discussing with a friend, who was competing with her sister in selling their hand made beads. The conversation was about raising her prices from ten cents to twenty five cents per bead. I asked her what she needed to achieve from the increase and what areas of her life, that she feels the increase will make an impact, hence asking her the five most important things that matters to her in life.
She thought about it, looked at me and said in this order: “First, My Family, then My House, Television, Candy and then Money”. Impressed that she had come up with exactly five items, I probed a little deeper.
“Mary, what do you need to get the candy that you love?’
“Money”, she said.
“And how about the TV, what do you need to get that?”
“And how about your house?”
“Money”, she replied once again.
And then I asked, “How about your family, what do you need to get them?”
Just as quickly, she replied, “Love”
“That’s right, “I said, but don’t you think that maybe you have to reorder your list? You see, if you need money to buy the candy, the house and the TV, then don’t you think money should be more important than what it can buy?
In that instance, she thought about it and said, I was right, and within that short period, I introduced her to the law of money, a law that serves as the foundation for wise spending.
THE LAW OF MONEY: PEOPLE FIRST.THEN MONEY.THEN THINGS
You see, most of us are just like Mary, we value things more than we value money. We care more about having what money can buy than we care about having money itself. When we follow the law of money, we will find out that, we are respectful of money, and if we follow it and keep what we have and spend, it will make us truly rich. We will analyze each category:
The difference in your perception is the VALUE SYSTEM that you applied- A Room filled with things is okay, whereas a room full of money is not.
In conclusion, when we work hard for our money, maybe forty hours or more a week and then go shopping, buy food, clothes and stuff, we usually say that we don’t know where the money went. This is also applicable, when we pay for services, that we really need; but why don't you consider this- CHANGE your perspective now, if we valued money over things and over items it can buy, then we would know exactly where our finance is going.
We should change our money/thing ratio, so that we will have more money than things, this will also encourage us to take great pleasure in seeing our money and watching it grow. With this approach, we would always know when we can afford something that we need and will be more likely to be able to buy the things we TRULY WANT to make us happy.
So next time, you go out to spend money, always remember that you are not throwing the money away, but you are exchanging it for something that has a value to you.
Please feel free to give us a call today to get your finances organized, so that you can capture where your expenses are going and invariably increase the value you need for the important areas in your life.
Why Use Quick Books Accounting Software?
|Posted on May 8, 2013 at 2:30 AM||comments ()|
It is important for every business owner to have an effective accounting system in place, so that they can increase their efficiency and manage their finances effectively. When a client comes to us in need of Bookkeeping /Accounting Services, it is noticed that most of the time,many of the business owners do not have an accounting system in place and this puts their businesses and finance in a great mess.
An accounting System is the basis of a good business and goes a long way, in showing how the business can handle its profits,manage its expenses, handle its payroll and invariably increase its net worth. We always advise our clients, to get QuickBooks, to handle their accounting/bookkeeping records.
QuickBooks is a set of accounting software solution that is designed to manage payroll, inventory, sales,purchases, invoices, receipts and other needs of a small business. It is usually tailored to meet the needs of every different industries and business types. We always encourage our Clients to use Quick Books and if they cannot afford it; we can set up their company QuickBooks file on our system, and prepare their reports and send in electronic files to them, to view, their company financial position.
We will go ahead to list a few reasons,why you should use QuickBooks for your Business Accounting Software:
We also advise our clients on the suitable type of QuickBooks to use for their business and invariably help them in setting up the Software,to suit their Business type.
These are just a few of the reasons for using QuickBooks Accounting Software for your Bookkeeping services; we have found out that most business owners always underutilize a lot of the QuickBooks features, either because of ignorance or lack of training.
You can always contact us to train you on how to best utilize your QuickBooks Software.We offer various QuickBooks services at very affordable rates. Our QuickBooks Services include:
- QuickBooks Setup
- QuickBooks Personalized & Group Training
- QuickBooks Supervision/Review
- QuickBooks Support
- QuickBooks Tune Up
- QuickBooks Cleanup
- And many more
It is always important to make the best use of your QuickBooks software in order to get the best financial reports for your business. Using QuickBooks Accounting Software is a smart and affordable way to get a handle on your books. Accurate records enhance educated decisions for your business and will save you money.
WHY DON’T YOU CALL US TODAY ON 202-422-4586 to schedule an appointment; so that we can show you the best way to use your QuickBooks Software, and if you do not have one, DON’T WORRY, We can always purchase one for you or set up your QuickBooks Company file on our system and send you regular reports, so that you can manage your business effectively and make great business decisions.
Please also feel free to fill out our contact form, so that we can get in touch with you to respond to your needs. We will love to help you.
Bookkeeping Tips to Save Time and Money.
|Posted on February 1, 2013 at 2:13 AM||comments ()|
Do you know that Inputting checks, managing bank accounts and creating reports doesn't have to be an intimidating process?
Wow,we have entered the second month of the year 2013, and I know that so far, it has been a great and fantastic season for us. For most people in the States,this is a period of tax preparation and filings, for both individuals andorganizations.
We should know by now, that having a good bookkeeping system is essential to having a successful and smooth tax filing season. I know from experience, that some small-business owners view bookkeeping as a burdensome task that takes them away from running their business. It makes others nervous, and they may second-guess their knowledge and skills in fear of the Internal Revenue Service knocking on their door.
I want to let you know that, you don’t have to be intimidated or bored by accounting or Bookkeeping. Successful business owners don’t view bookkeeping negatively. They have adopted a few basic procedures to stay on top of the paperwork. By doing so, they save time, money and a lot of stress.
I have listed below the basic steps to gain control of your business bookkeeping tasks:
1. Use accounting software such as QuickBooks: QuickBooks is a set of software solutions, designed to manage payroll, inventory, sales and other needs of a small business. Each package is developed according to different industries and their needs.
The great thing about QuickBooks is the fact that it combines a variety of accounting processes into one user-friendly system, and this is why it is highly recommended. You have to become at least generally familiar with theQuickBooks software, this includes basic knowledge like knowing how to input checks, enter vendors and customers, reconcile bank accounts, and create reports and other data. Once, you have this in place, you can choose one of these different ways to maintain it:
2. Scan your receipts, business cards and other important paperwork. Some software products import directly into QuickBooks. Utilizing this type of tool will help save time and paper, and help audit-proof your record.
3. Separate personal accounts from business accounts. Don’t mix the two.Keeping personal and business bank accounts and credit cards separate will make bookkeeping much easier and help maintain your corporate veil if you have a formal entity.
4. Avoid cash.Instead, use your debit or credit card religiously. When you use cash you lose track of potential write-offs. If you have to pull money out of an ATM, note on the receipt the purpose of the withdrawal.
5. Go paperless.Storing tax documents for at least six years can be a hassle. Another option is to purchase a small fireproof safe to store important personal documents(passport, life insurance, etc.) along with a regular backup of your bookkeepingsoftware and tax returns saved on a flash drive. For extra data protection,consider off-site physical storage or online data storage for these records and scanned files.
6. Auto-track your mileage. Keeping a written record of all your business, charitable and medical auto mileage can be a pain. Look into a satellite-assisted service, phone application, or software program.
7. Meet with your CPA at least twice annually. Review your business plans, financials, tax deposit amounts, payroll procedures and tax strategies.The cost of taxes is too high to leave your plans to chance. Just a few minutes on a regular basis can save thousands of dollars. Also, remember that your CPA should be bringing you strategies and ideas in these meetings. If the meeting consists of you throwing out ideas and your CPA shooting them down, you have the wrong CPA. Find a planner who is reaching out to you with ideas and strategies on a regular basis.
We are available to help you out with your QuickBooks Bookkeeping Services and training,and we also offer other accounting/Bookkeeping services at great rates too. Why don’t you give us a call today and see how we can save you and your business tons of money.
Email us for more details on [email protected] ,we would love to hear from you.
Build up your Personal Balance Sheet
|Posted on January 16, 2013 at 12:00 AM||comments ()|
Build up your Personal Balance Sheet
Do you know that everyone has a personal Balance Sheet? Just a reminder,A Balance Sheet is a financial "snapshot" of a Business at any given point in time.It shows your assets and liabilities and tells you your business networth.
It is a rule that every Businesss has a Balance Sheet,so also should every individual have a personal Balance Sheet,Our Personal Balance Sheet is defined as our ability to make a difference wherever we are,and this difference creates a value for our personal life. As we gain abilities,our personal Balance Sheet improves and ultimately helps us to reach our goals.
For instance,when we find ourselves in a situation,we ought to assess it and jump into it, to make something happen,whether we get credit or not;our Personal Balance Sheet goes up and will make us much more valuable,this indicates that whenever we approach any situation,we should rather consider it as an opportunity for personal growth,and watch our personal balance sheet improve.
Finally,as we build our personal abilities to make a difference,we will be rewarded,just as a business balance Sheet shows the value of a business.
My Dear Friends,this is the first month of a new year,it is not too late to go out and make a difference in the world and watch your personal value grow.You will greatly be rewarded for this.
- bookkeeping,Tax Returns,QuickBooks,Bank Reconciliations,bookkeeping services,small business (21)
- Budgeting,Accounting,Business Planning (11)
- QuickBooks,Small Business Bookkeeping,Bookkeepers rates,business decisions (15)
- New Year Resolutions (4)
- New Yer Planning (5)
- Balance Sheet (7)
- Balance Sheet Reporting (10)
- Account Setup (6)
- bookkeeping (29)
- Tax Filing (16)
- tax refunds (18)
- Tax Returns (17)
- Accounts Payables (3)
- Accounts Receivables (6)
- Business Budgeting (8)
- Business forecasting (8)
- Inventory (1)
- Online Banking (4)
- Payroll (10)
- QuickBooks Review (6)
- QuickBooks Setup (13)
- QuickBooks Software (11)
- QuickBooks Support (8)
- QuickBooks Training (9)
- Finance Management (4)
- Law of Money (3)
- Money Perspective (3)
- Personal Finances (4)
- Spending Wisely (9)
- Tracking your expenses (13)
- Financial Position (4)
- Tax Preparation (12)
- Cash flow (6)
- Cash flows (4)
- Small Business Setup (5)
- Business profit (9)
- profit (6)
- profit forecast (3)
- profit making (6)
- 2014 standard mileage rates (1)
- 2014 Tax Returns (2)
- 2015 Tax Filing Season (3)
- Business Expenses (10)
- Health Insurance credits (1)
- Fraud (2)
- Online Fraud (2)
- quickbooks (11)
- Wealth Management (2)
- Chipcards (2)
- Credit Card Rules (4)
- EMV (2)
- New Credit Card Rules (3)
- 2015 Tax Returns (3)
- 2016 tax filing season (7)
- Year End (7)
- tax season (9)
- Tax Deductions (10)
- 1099 Tax Filing (2)
- 2016 tax (4)
- 2017 Tax Filing Season (5)
- w-2 (9)
- lower your taxbill (4)
- Tax Bill (10)
- 2016 Tax Filing (2)
- 2016 tax returns (4)
- 2017 tax filing (4)
- credit card expense (2)
- 2017taxes (4)
- 2017TaxSeason (5)
- taxes2017duedate (3)
- Personal development (1)
- Intuit Road Show (1)
- passion (1)
- 401K Contribution Limits (1)
- 401K Retirement (2)
- IRA (2)
- IRS (7)
- 1099 filing (4)
- 2017 Tax Returns (4)
- 2018 Tax Season (5)
- 2018taxes (4)
- 2018taxreturns (4)
- Intuit (1)
- proadvisors (5)
- quickbooksproadvisors (1)
- quickbookstraining (4)
- ITIN Number (3)
- ITINs (3)
- Tax ID (3)
- accounting (5)
- careerdevelopment (1)
- entrepreneur (3)
- youthempowerment (1)
- giftcard fraud (1)
- giftcards (1)
- 1099filing (3)
- 2019taxseason (3)
- w-2s (2)
- 2019taxreturns (2)
- taxes (4)
- taxreturns (4)
- taxseason (3)
- corona (1)
- Coronavirus (2)
- covid19 (2)
- stimuluscheck (4)
- stimuluschecks (6)
- stimuluspackage (5)
- COVID-19 (2)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program and Advance Loan (1)
- EIDL (2)
- loan documentation (1)
- loan documents (1)
- non-profits (1)
- paycheck protection program (2)
- PPP (2)
- SBA Loan (4)
- small business owners (4)
- EIDLGrant (2)
- EIDLloan (1)
- loandocument (1)
- PPPloan (1)
- PPP loan (1)
- bank loan (1)
- bank reconciliation (1)
- reconciliation (0)