|Posted on August 18, 2020 at 2:57 PM||comments (16)|
YESSSSSS!!! That Beautiful Moment when you finally reconcile an Account, especially after battling with the Account for a while - PRICELESS!!! In Case, you are wondering what Reconciliation is. Reconciliation is the Process of ensuring that your Accounting Record agrees with your Bank Statement.
Performing Bank Reconciliations helps you spot out Fraud and Reduce the risk of transactions, that can cause late fees and penalties. The Following are the Advantages of Bank Reconciliation:
1) It makes Accounts to be in Good Standing - It makes your Account to be in Good Standing. When you reconcile your Bank Account, it helps you to be aware about the Amount that you can spend in your Account, so that you are less likely to overdraw your Bank Account. You need to keep in mind, that overdrawing will negatively affect your Credit Score and can prompt the Bank to charge you fees.
2) It Prevents Theft - Recording Bank Fees is a Standard Practice as you process your Reconciliation and it may reveal a transaction, that you have overlooked to record. By examining further, the available original documents, these discrepancies will be revealed. Most Importantly, it will reveal the Bank transactions, that were initiated by unauthorized individuals, who try to steal money from your Bank Account.
3) It Helps you detect Accounting Errors - There can be some cases, where your Bank commits an error in your favor, and this will make you liable to return that money, even if you've already spent it. By Reconciliation, you will be able to detect accounting errors that commonly occurs in Business, such as Double Payments, Addition and Subtraction Errors, Missed Payments and Lost Checks.
4) It keeps Mistakes in Check - Banks are usually responsible for implementing procedures to avoid making mistakes in your Bank Account; unfortunately, mistakes do happen sometimes, with the most common being a Simple entry error. Nevertheless, Banks will be able to correct these mistakes when you point them out, after you complete your Bank Reconciliation.
5) Need to Record Interest Earned - Businesses may think, that they are Small, so recording their Interest maybe minor. It is important to keep precise track of smaller details, since these can add up over time. Also, It may not seem important now, but as you earn more money and your Principal grows, your interest may become significant enough that it affects your bottom line.
6) It reduces Missing Transactions - We have seen several instances, where Banks may refuse to deposit your Check for reasons like you have drawn on a Foreign Bank Account. This may require them to reverse the original entry on a Deposit. Bank Reconciliation is carried to introduce transparency and efficiency into a Business's Accounting System.
7) It helps to identify Duplicate Charges - Reconciling your Bank Account helps to identify duplicate charges, that may be erroneously charged in your Bank Account; It also helps you to recognize unauthorized charges and incorrect posting amounts, thereby reaching out to the Merchant Companies and informing them to refund these charges.
8) It detects and prevents Embezzlement of Funds from your Company - Reconciling your Account helps to detect Fraud and embezzlement of funds from your Company. You are able to track every transaction and determine, where they are coming from, where the funds are being allocated to and if they were wrongly allotted.
9) It Helps Business Owners make Sound Financial Decisions - Reconciling your Bank Account helps Business Owners to make sound financial decisions about the growth of their Company and helps to identify particular product lines, that maybe non-profitable.
10) It helps you track your Accounts Receivables - Cash is King. Reconciling your Account keeps you on top of your Account Receivables; It helps you know the true Amount, that your Debtors are owing you. Reconciling your Account allows you to track your Invoices and reach out to your Debtors to make Payments promptly. It helps to ensure that you always have Cash available in your Bank Account.
11) Reconciling your Account helps you produce Accurate Financial Reports, needed for your Loan Application - Due to the Pandemic, a lot of Businesses have to rely on SBA Loans and Government Stimulus to help their Businesses stay afloat. Having a Reconciled Account helps you produce Accurate Financial Reports, that can help you obtain these Loans easily, without hassles.
Are you Reconciling your Account Regularly? Are you overwhelmed with your Reconciliation? We have the latest Accounting Software to help you and Guess What? We can set one up for you as well.
Give us a Call on 202-422-4586 and We'll help you out.
|Posted on May 15, 2020 at 3:44 AM||comments (1)|
Congratulations to Rosyan Bookkeeping Services
Today marks 8 Years of Our Company.
Birthed from a Labor & Delivery Room
Became a Reality at the Birth of a Third Child
Became liberated from the High Costs of Child Care Expenses.
Became a Business Support to many Businesses.
Became an Employer of Labor
Became a QuickBooks Training Center
Became a Bedrock to Many Homes and Families.
Became a Leading Example to Youths and College Interns.
Became a Support to Non-Profits.
Became a Successful Business.
Became Hope to our Clients.
Breaking through the Pandemic
And Coming out Stronger......................
To Many More Years of Business Success.
We are grateful to all our Clients, Colleagues and Friends. Thank you for all your Support.
Thank you for standing with us through the Years. We know, these are unprecedented times and there are a lot of challenges during these Period, but we want you to know, that we will get through this together and come out stronger.
Don't hesitate to call, if you need a Supportive Ear. We are a Call and a Click away. Together, we will celebrate and get through this.
We love and appreciate you.
|Posted on April 3, 2020 at 4:04 PM||comments (2)|
We are aware that these are unprecedented Times and there are a lot of challenges during these Period. We are encouraging you to rise above this Situation and remain confident, that you will come out Stronger, Bigger and Better off.
President Trump just signed off a $2 Trillion Relief Bill, which will come in form of Stimulus Checks to offer Assistance to Millions of American Household, affected by the Corona Virus Pandemic. We are aware that most of us have Questions and we want to enlighten you more about, what in this for us.
The Following are the Basic Things to know about the Stimulus Checks:
It is important to note that if the Income Exceeds the threshold, the Amount will be reduced on a Sliding Scale.
We are available to help you with all the Questions, that you may have , regarding the Stimulus Check as well as any other Question on the Stimulus Package. We are also available to assist you virtually. Call us on 202-422-4586 to set up an Appointment.
It is always our Pleasure to Help you.
|Posted on January 31, 2019 at 3:59 PM||comments (0)|
IRS Begins Accepting Tax Returns on Monday, January 28th 2019.
It's Official; Tax Payers should not worry about their Refund Status being affected by any Happenings within the Government.
It is also important to note that Monday, April 15, 2019 still remains the Individual Filing Deadline for the majority of the Country, though the Deadline in Maine and Massachusetts is April 17 due to the Emancipation Day Holiday.
Important Points to Note:
We are Here to Help you with Organizing your Documents and Getting all your Business Expenses correctly and accurately deducted. This will help to reduce your Tax Liability.
Keep Checking for Weekly Updates and Important Information, regarding your Tax Filing.
Let the Tax Season Begin ......................................................
|Posted on January 9, 2019 at 5:47 PM||comments (0)|
W-2 AND FORM 1099 FILING DEADLINE IS JANUARY 31ST 2019; Employers & Business Owners Take Note.
Happy New Year. This is to remind All Business Owners/ Employers that the Deadline for filing W-2 and Form 1099 Tax Report with the IRS is January 31st, 2019. This means that you need to ensure that your Employees and 1099 Contractors receive and review their W-2 and 1099s before January 31st, 2019.
It is important to remember that this Act is from The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 that was passed by Congress in 2015 and became effective since 2016. We had published a Detailed Article on this -
By this New Act, Employers and Small Businesses have January 31st Filing Deadline to submit Forms W-2 and W-3 to the Social Security Administration (Whether you file using Paper Forms or electronically). This New Date also applies to certain Forms 1099-MISC reporting Non-Employee Compensation such as Payments to Independent Contractors. As a Result of this, the filing deadline for filing W-2s and 1099 forms (including Form 1099-MISC) is Every January 31st.
Note to Employers: It is important that Employers become adequately prepared to complete the Year-End Tasks. This means:
• Ensuring that All Independent Contractors fill out a Correct and Updated Form W-9.
• Verifying Accuracy of Employee Information.
• Reporting/Submitting Any Year-End Adjustments as soon as possible.
• Reviewing Year-End Totals for any Discrepancies. There are penalties for Failure to file these Returns or Furnish Correct Statements and these Penalties are not palatable.
The Penalty amounts are reflected below:
• $50/Return – If you file after 30 Days of the Due Date.
• $100/Return – If you file more than 30 days after the Due Date.
• $260/Return – If you do not file corrections or Do not file Required Forms.
At Rosyan Bookkeeping Services, We are committed to helping you with your W-2s, W-3s and 1099 Filings, as well as furnishing you with helpful information regarding your Tax Filings.
Feel Free to Call and Let us know how we can help you.
|Posted on July 4, 2018 at 2:14 AM||comments (7)|
|Posted on March 29, 2018 at 5:43 PM||comments (2)|
It was a pleasure offering Quickbooks Training Services to the finance Team of RCCG Mercy Court, Towson, MD. Great Pastor, Great Receptivity, Great People. When you have a great team, Training is a Breeze.
#quickbooks, #quickbookstraining, #quickbookstrainer, #quickbooksproadvisor, #quickbooksspecialist, #bookkeepingservices.
|Posted on February 23, 2017 at 9:59 AM||comments (2)|
It's unbelievable to hear that People forget to claim the expenses incurred on their Credit Card during their Tax Filing; We have noticed that many Business Owners neglect to include their Credit Card Activities, which qualify for Business Deductions. This is due to Ignorance and lack of knowledge in knowing how to input this in their Accounting Software.
Don't be left out. Do the Right Thing. Don't leave out money on the Table. Claim your Deductions and you will be better off for it.
|Posted on May 18, 2015 at 11:32 AM||comments (7)|
The Warmer Weather has finally arrived; soon it will be summer. Most Business Owners let down their guard, let go on Vacations and have Fun. Coincidentally, it's also a time that Online Scammers and Hackers get active and keep their eyes looking for Accounts to hack and tamper the unfortunate company Account Holders.
Our Discussion today focuses on an area that is passionate to my heart. As a matter of fact, I look forward to a day, that every company will be devoid of fraud. Technology has given fraudsters an edge in recent years, and we see a lot of fraudulent activities and online attacks on most Business Account. There are majority of fraudsters out there that are using the basic scams to de-fraud merchants, because there are too many Businesses that are not doing anything to stop them.
The Purpose of this Write-up is to provide information on the various types of Account Frauds that exist and how to prevent these online fraudulent attacks on your Business. The Online Frauds are as follows:
1) Morphing Fraud (Repeat Offenders): This is common in online customer sales businesses. The Fraudster hits a Single Merchant, multiple times using slightly different data points each time; A Multiple Purchase is made from your Business site within a short time frame with a number of different credit cards. In this Case, All of the Goods will be going to the same location, but all of the other data may change between purchases.
2) Skimming:This is where the Debit/Credit Card Numbers are being accessed in common places like Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, ATMs and Airports. The Fraudsters place fake devices in these locations or sites, where an accomplice or entire staff unknowingly swipes each credit card that is entered. Afterwards, these Numbers are collected and sold.
3) Debit Card Fraud: This occurs when a criminal gains access to your debit card number, to make unauthorized purchases and/or withdraws from your Account. When your Debit Card is used fraudulently, the money is missing from your account instantly. Recently, We had a case of client, whose Company Account was continuously charged an unauthorized amount for 6 months, and the Client innocently thought the charges were for services, he had signed up for, until his account was reviewed and he found out that they were fraudulent online transactions.
4) Identity Fraud: A Case of Identity Theft is being reported every 19 Seconds since the Year 2001; It occurs when someone's personal information is stolen and a credit card account is opened in the victim's name, without their permission , and charges are made to these account. It is worthy to note that identity fraud does not necessarily occur, when a credit card is simply stolen.
Having looked at the most common types of Online Fraud, We have listed below the steps to prevent your account from being attacked.
Avoiding Online Fraud:
Finally, it is worthy to note that the most effective way to prevent fraud is to be proactive in the design of your strategy. It is really scary to consider the damages.
What Strategy have you put in Place to prevent your Personal and Business Account from being attacked? Think about this and Act Immediately. If you need help with setting up a Fraud Resistance Accounting and Bookkeeping Strategy, we are just a Call away. We would love to hear from you.
|Posted on October 7, 2014 at 1:17 AM||comments (7)|
Profitability is a key driver of financial success in business. The goal of every Business owner should be to make profit and improve their business to make it better.
If you were having a discussion, one year from today, and looking over your financials, Will you be happy with your financial progress? This question should propel you to take action, about what you expect your profit to be for the year.
Profit is like a car,that must be driven; it does not drive itself; for you to get a projected profit, you have to be on top of your profit expectations. I have listed some questions, which should stimulate you to focus on an expected profit, as the year is coming to an end:
As you go through these questions, you're painting a picture of what your financial success should look like, and this will lead you to action, for an end result. Having a picture requires taking action to actualize your projected expectations. These steps below will help you achieve your financial profit picture, feel free to put them into practice and see the transformation, it brings to your business:
1) Have a Target Goal: You need to have a financial goal for your business at the beginning of every year. The Goal can be broken into monthly, quarterly and semi-annual financial targets. It is advisable and easier to have a monthly target.
2) Monitor your Progress: Once you set your financial goals, you will need to monitor your progress, against your target every month. You can only monitor your progress by examining your monthly financial reports (Profit & Loss/ Balance Sheet Reports). If you have not been preparing your report, this should be a good time to start.
3) Adjust: At the end of every month, you need to review your target goal against your actual results (financial reports), and decide if you need to make changes, in your business, to achieve your targets. The changes can be in form of reducing an expense category to putting a plan in place for faster accounts receivables process.
This is the secret to creating your financial success for your business. I challenge you to put these into action and watch your business achieve your desired projected profit.
Do you need help with interpreting your financial reports? Perhaps you are yet to prepare your financial reports for the year, and don't have an idea of your actual profit; Call us NOW for further consultation and Assistance.
We will be glad to help you.