|Posted on August 18, 2020 at 2:57 PM||comments (16)|
YESSSSSS!!! That Beautiful Moment when you finally reconcile an Account, especially after battling with the Account for a while - PRICELESS!!! In Case, you are wondering what Reconciliation is. Reconciliation is the Process of ensuring that your Accounting Record agrees with your Bank Statement.
Performing Bank Reconciliations helps you spot out Fraud and Reduce the risk of transactions, that can cause late fees and penalties. The Following are the Advantages of Bank Reconciliation:
1) It makes Accounts to be in Good Standing - It makes your Account to be in Good Standing. When you reconcile your Bank Account, it helps you to be aware about the Amount that you can spend in your Account, so that you are less likely to overdraw your Bank Account. You need to keep in mind, that overdrawing will negatively affect your Credit Score and can prompt the Bank to charge you fees.
2) It Prevents Theft - Recording Bank Fees is a Standard Practice as you process your Reconciliation and it may reveal a transaction, that you have overlooked to record. By examining further, the available original documents, these discrepancies will be revealed. Most Importantly, it will reveal the Bank transactions, that were initiated by unauthorized individuals, who try to steal money from your Bank Account.
3) It Helps you detect Accounting Errors - There can be some cases, where your Bank commits an error in your favor, and this will make you liable to return that money, even if you've already spent it. By Reconciliation, you will be able to detect accounting errors that commonly occurs in Business, such as Double Payments, Addition and Subtraction Errors, Missed Payments and Lost Checks.
4) It keeps Mistakes in Check - Banks are usually responsible for implementing procedures to avoid making mistakes in your Bank Account; unfortunately, mistakes do happen sometimes, with the most common being a Simple entry error. Nevertheless, Banks will be able to correct these mistakes when you point them out, after you complete your Bank Reconciliation.
5) Need to Record Interest Earned - Businesses may think, that they are Small, so recording their Interest maybe minor. It is important to keep precise track of smaller details, since these can add up over time. Also, It may not seem important now, but as you earn more money and your Principal grows, your interest may become significant enough that it affects your bottom line.
6) It reduces Missing Transactions - We have seen several instances, where Banks may refuse to deposit your Check for reasons like you have drawn on a Foreign Bank Account. This may require them to reverse the original entry on a Deposit. Bank Reconciliation is carried to introduce transparency and efficiency into a Business's Accounting System.
7) It helps to identify Duplicate Charges - Reconciling your Bank Account helps to identify duplicate charges, that may be erroneously charged in your Bank Account; It also helps you to recognize unauthorized charges and incorrect posting amounts, thereby reaching out to the Merchant Companies and informing them to refund these charges.
8) It detects and prevents Embezzlement of Funds from your Company - Reconciling your Account helps to detect Fraud and embezzlement of funds from your Company. You are able to track every transaction and determine, where they are coming from, where the funds are being allocated to and if they were wrongly allotted.
9) It Helps Business Owners make Sound Financial Decisions - Reconciling your Bank Account helps Business Owners to make sound financial decisions about the growth of their Company and helps to identify particular product lines, that maybe non-profitable.
10) It helps you track your Accounts Receivables - Cash is King. Reconciling your Account keeps you on top of your Account Receivables; It helps you know the true Amount, that your Debtors are owing you. Reconciling your Account allows you to track your Invoices and reach out to your Debtors to make Payments promptly. It helps to ensure that you always have Cash available in your Bank Account.
11) Reconciling your Account helps you produce Accurate Financial Reports, needed for your Loan Application - Due to the Pandemic, a lot of Businesses have to rely on SBA Loans and Government Stimulus to help their Businesses stay afloat. Having a Reconciled Account helps you produce Accurate Financial Reports, that can help you obtain these Loans easily, without hassles.
Are you Reconciling your Account Regularly? Are you overwhelmed with your Reconciliation? We have the latest Accounting Software to help you and Guess What? We can set one up for you as well.
Give us a Call on 202-422-4586 and We'll help you out.
|Posted on May 15, 2020 at 3:44 AM||comments (1)|
Congratulations to Rosyan Bookkeeping Services
Today marks 8 Years of Our Company.
Birthed from a Labor & Delivery Room
Became a Reality at the Birth of a Third Child
Became liberated from the High Costs of Child Care Expenses.
Became a Business Support to many Businesses.
Became an Employer of Labor
Became a QuickBooks Training Center
Became a Bedrock to Many Homes and Families.
Became a Leading Example to Youths and College Interns.
Became a Support to Non-Profits.
Became a Successful Business.
Became Hope to our Clients.
Breaking through the Pandemic
And Coming out Stronger......................
To Many More Years of Business Success.
We are grateful to all our Clients, Colleagues and Friends. Thank you for all your Support.
Thank you for standing with us through the Years. We know, these are unprecedented times and there are a lot of challenges during these Period, but we want you to know, that we will get through this together and come out stronger.
Don't hesitate to call, if you need a Supportive Ear. We are a Call and a Click away. Together, we will celebrate and get through this.
We love and appreciate you.
|Posted on January 9, 2019 at 5:47 PM||comments (0)|
W-2 AND FORM 1099 FILING DEADLINE IS JANUARY 31ST 2019; Employers & Business Owners Take Note.
Happy New Year. This is to remind All Business Owners/ Employers that the Deadline for filing W-2 and Form 1099 Tax Report with the IRS is January 31st, 2019. This means that you need to ensure that your Employees and 1099 Contractors receive and review their W-2 and 1099s before January 31st, 2019.
It is important to remember that this Act is from The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 that was passed by Congress in 2015 and became effective since 2016. We had published a Detailed Article on this -
By this New Act, Employers and Small Businesses have January 31st Filing Deadline to submit Forms W-2 and W-3 to the Social Security Administration (Whether you file using Paper Forms or electronically). This New Date also applies to certain Forms 1099-MISC reporting Non-Employee Compensation such as Payments to Independent Contractors. As a Result of this, the filing deadline for filing W-2s and 1099 forms (including Form 1099-MISC) is Every January 31st.
Note to Employers: It is important that Employers become adequately prepared to complete the Year-End Tasks. This means:
• Ensuring that All Independent Contractors fill out a Correct and Updated Form W-9.
• Verifying Accuracy of Employee Information.
• Reporting/Submitting Any Year-End Adjustments as soon as possible.
• Reviewing Year-End Totals for any Discrepancies. There are penalties for Failure to file these Returns or Furnish Correct Statements and these Penalties are not palatable.
The Penalty amounts are reflected below:
• $50/Return – If you file after 30 Days of the Due Date.
• $100/Return – If you file more than 30 days after the Due Date.
• $260/Return – If you do not file corrections or Do not file Required Forms.
At Rosyan Bookkeeping Services, We are committed to helping you with your W-2s, W-3s and 1099 Filings, as well as furnishing you with helpful information regarding your Tax Filings.
Feel Free to Call and Let us know how we can help you.
|Posted on December 15, 2018 at 3:38 PM||comments (0)|
Holiday Season is here and it’s the Season of Giving. What Gift do you give, when you don’t know what to buy? Gift Cards, Of Course!!!
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is warning us of a Gift Card Scam going on at this period. Gift Card Scams are very popular and occur because Gift Cards are left out on the racks unattended.
So, What Can you do to protect you from this Scam? Read on for Tips to guard you against Gift Card Scams:
• Buy Gift Cards from Reputable Stores/Companies that offer Guarantees.
• Grab a Gift Card from the Middle or Back of the Display and not the Front Row. Some Thieves remove Gift Cards from a Display, record the Card Number and put it back on the Display, waiting for a Customer to buy the Card, while checking regularly online for a Dollar Balance to appear, for them to use the Card.
• Inspect the Gift Card Packaging before Purchasing. This helps to avoid tampered peeling. Some Manufacturers have been adding special packaging or scratch off Pin Numbers to prevent thieves from being able to look at the cards and stealing the Numbers.
• Check the Activation Receipt for Matching Numbers and Amounts.
• Only Check the Balance on your Gift Card through the Site listed on the Back of the Card itself, and if there is none, Go to the Website of the Company and look for a link to the Gift Card Page.
Feel Free to Share and Spread the Message against Gift Card Scams. Enjoy your Holidays.
|Posted on November 21, 2018 at 11:12 PM||comments (0)|
We are Proud to be part of a Part of the PGCC Innovation; Doing what we love to do best. Encouraging, Developing and Mentoring ; Providing Career and Internship Opportunity path. We love what we do and proud to be recognized for this Great Gesture.
Thanks to the Prince Georges Community for featuring us.