W-2 AND FORM 1099 FILING DEADLINE IS JANUARY 31ST 2019; Employers & Business Owners Take Note.
Happy New Year. This is to remind All Business Owners/ Employers that the Deadline for filing W-2 and Form 1099 Tax Report with the IRS is January 31st, 2019. This means that you need to ensure that your Employees and 1099 Contractors receive and review their W-2 and 1099s before January 31st, 2019.
It is important to remember that this Act is from The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 that was passed by Congress in 2015 and became effective since 2016. We had published a Detailed Article on this -
By this New Act, Employers and Small Businesses have January 31st Filing Deadline to submit Forms W-2 and W-3 to the Social Security Administration (Whether you file using Paper Forms or electronically). This New Date also applies to certain Forms 1099-MISC reporting Non-Employee Compensation such as Payments to Independent Contractors. As a Result of this, the filing deadline for filing W-2s and 1099 forms (including Form 1099-MISC) is Every January 31st.
Note to Employers: It is important that Employers become adequately prepared to complete the Year-End Tasks. This means:
• Ensuring that All Independent Contractors fill out a Correct and Updated Form W-9.
• Verifying Accuracy of Employee Information.
• Reporting/Submitting Any Year-End Adjustments as soon as possible.
• Reviewing Year-End Totals for any Discrepancies. There are penalties for Failure to file these Returns or Furnish Correct Statements and these Penalties are not palatable.
The Penalty amounts are reflected below:
• $50/Return – If you file after 30 Days of the Due Date.
• $100/Return – If you file more than 30 days after the Due Date.
• $260/Return – If you do not file corrections or Do not file Required Forms.
At Rosyan Bookkeeping Services, We are committed to helping you with your W-2s, W-3s and 1099 Filings, as well as furnishing you with helpful information regarding your Tax Filings.
Feel Free to Call and Let us know how we can help you.